Blue Eagle Hall Building No. 104 constructed in 1957 at a cost of $188 900 was dedicated and named on October 24 1959. The dedication was part of the 75th anniversary of the school. Mrs. Hildegard Thompson chief of education BIA and Frank Carlson U.S. Senator of Kansas spoke at the dedication. Acee Blue Eagle paintings were presented to the school by Mrs. Mae Abbott with the stipulation that they were to be hung in Blue Eagle Hall. Acee Blue Eagle was a renowned authority on Indian history myth legend law religion and music. As a noted author and lecturer of Indian lore he was intensely proud of his heritage. Acee Blue Eagle a Creek-Pawnee Indian was born on August 17 1907 on the Wichita Reservation north of Anadarko Oklahoma. His name was Laughing Boy%93%94 McIntosh; but he was nicknamed Ah-say %93%94 and in 1927 he legally took his mothers family name Blue Eagle. He was a grandson of William McIntosh who at one time was Chief of the Creeks. He attended Haskell Institute briefly and later went to Bacone College. In 1932 he received his Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree at Oklahoma University. He taught art at Bacone. He toured England Scotland Switzerland Germany Spain Italy and Sweden in 1935 conducting a series of lectures on the %92%93Life and Character of the American Indian.