Based on the blueprints + pictures given by Dr. Gordon Goldsborough, and he's kind permission, this is the Charlewood School.
The Charleswood School District was established formally in August 1894, and a wood frame school operated on lots 59 and 60, donated by local resident Pat Beauchemin, in what would later become the Municipality of Charleswood, now a suburb of Winnipeg. In 1914, the original schoolhouse was replaced at the site by a two-storey, red brick building designed by Winnipeg architect E. D. Tuttle. Initially named Beauchemin School, it was later renamed Charleswood School. By the 1930s, the school hosted grades 1 to 11 in three of its four classrooms, with the fourth room used as the municipal office. An indoor recreation facility was in the basement along with bathrooms that lacked running water. In 1951, it became Charleswood Consolidated School No. 2337, merging with Loudoun School No. 1511 and Chapman School No. 1677.
Charleswood School closed in 1956 and henceforth students went to other newly-constructed schools in the area: Beaumont School, Dieppe School, or Royal School. High school students went to Chapman School for a time until Charleswood Collegiate was built. The former Charleswood School building was taken over by the Royal Canadian Legion, which used it as a Legion Hall until a new structure was erected. The building was demolished in 1969.
#charlewood_school #ecole #school #schule