14 W. Main Ave. - Historic Commercial Building

14 W. Main Ave. - Historic Commercial Building

Ron Hall 76
Currently occupied by Revival Lighting, F. E. Martin had this building constructed for Brandt Brothers Roofing and Sheet Metal, previously housed in the now demolished building next east, in 1927 at a cost of $7,500. Brandt Brothers remained at the site through the 1960s.The primary southern façade is framed by piers that project above the metal-capped stepped parapet to form columns with rounded caps adorned with ceramic diamonds. Another set of piers, decorated with squares rather than diamonds, rises slightly higher to frame the central portion of the parapet which rises diagonally to a small step at center with a decorative metal diamond inset below. Red ceramic tile awnings span between the sets of piers, flanking the decorative brick coursework and tiles adorning the pediment. #1920s #commercial #historic
Default Title