Walter C. Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre (U of A Hospital)

Walter C. Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre (U of A Hospital)

University of Alberta W.
The Walter C. Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre is a large complex that integrates patient care, health education, and research and was named to honour Walter C. Mackenzie - a prominent surgeon, researcher, educator, and health care administrator. Located at 8440 - 112 street, it was built in two phases that were completed in 1983 and 1986. The facility resides on the former site of the Strathcona Hospital (built 1913) and was renamed the University of Alberta Hospital when it was administered it 1922 as a teaching hospital for the University of Alberta's medical school. The centre is now home to the University of Alberta Hospital and Stollery Children's Hospital, both of these hospitals being administered by Alberta Health Services. The facility is also home to the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and the John W Scott Health Sciences Library, both of which are parts of the University of Alberta. #Alberta_Health_Services #Hospital #Main_Campus #North_Campus #Stollery_Childrens_Hospital #University_of_Alberta #University_of_Alberta_Hospital
Default Title