Dillard University Rosenwald Hall

Dillard University Rosenwald Hall

Digital Currents
Description
Rosenwald Hall is one of two large and similar halls situated at the front of the campus. Rosenwald was the University’s first permanent building and, as such, once housed the library and chapel in addition to administrative offices and classrooms. Completed in May, 1934, the building is named in honor of philanthropist Julius Rosenwald, to whom the building was dedicated at ground breaking in June, 1948. Fully renovated in 2006-2008 due to damage in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Rosenwald Hall resumed its role as the home of the university's administrative offices when it was re-opened in time for Baccalaureate in early May, 2008. Developed through the DigitalCUrrents summer camp - A collaborative outreach to urban youth by the University of Colorado and Computer Magnet program of Denver Public Schools. This building was modeled by Aaron Bach, a Technology Arts and Media student at the University of Colorado
Category
Default Title