This model began life as the excellent T-65 X-Wing model by katase, which is a very well done low-polygon count fighter model. Using SketchUp as pre-visualization for building physical dioramas, I also wanted a variant with closed S-foils, and thus began a long chain of modifications and minor corrections to make it more accurate.
* Made hierarchical groups and components. The wings are all separate groups, and can be rotated into open or closed position.
* Added landing gear.
* Fixed the angle of the wings and laser cannons.
* Re-worked the entire engine assembly for slightly better accuracy. The tapered exhaust cone is taken from Oscar Z.'s T-65 model.
* Removed all image textures and added and updated some panel detailing with geometry, enabling easier color changes.
* Sized for canonical length in meters
Update 5/11: Slight rescaling of main hull relative to engines.
#fighter #rebel_alliance #science_fiction #scifi #space #spacecraft #spaceship #star_wars #starfighter #starwars #xwing