The College of Building and Printing was formed from the amalgamation of the College of Building, which has had a presence on the current site since 1927, and the College of Printing. The College claims to be Scotland's leading education and training centre for the construction and communication industries. A wide range of full time and part time courses is available, offering a variety of qualifications.
The building was opened on 24 April 1964 by Labour Party leader Harold Wilson. His opening speech was relayed on close-circuit television to audiences in Langside College of Further Education and Barmulloch College of Further Education, where new buildings were formally declared open on the same day.
The College of Building and Printing and the Glasgow College of Food Technology merged to create the Glasgow Metroploitan College in 2005. #building #city_centre #college #education #europe #glasgow #great_britain #printing #scotland #united_kingdom