The church of Kendirli is situated in the district of Şahinbey, on the boulevard of Atatürk. It was built in 1860 by French missionaries, with the help and support of Napoleon.
The church of Kendirli is then reconverted to a teachers school then to meeting room of the Ministry of national education, with premises for the school on the first floor.
Situated in a big garden, the church is constituted by black stones for the foundations and cut into white stones for the building itself, which is of rectangular shape with a roof. We reach the main, wooden door, decorated with a window in the form of half circle with iron bars, by a three step stairs. The entrance offers a front wall of triangular shape and columns on sides. The ground is like a chessboard, formed by red and white marble paving. #antep #gaziantep #kara