Gas Holder, Huddersfield

Gas Holder, Huddersfield

King Humphrey
Description
The Huddersfield Gas Holder, located close to the Galpharm Stadium. The holder was originally built in 1916 by W C Holmes and then rebuilt by Clayton & Co in 1968. It is column guided and holds nearly five million cubic feet of gas (or 127,000 cubic metres). There were originally five gas holders at Huddersfield, which have been demolished over the years as more gas becomes stored in underground pipelines. Gas production ceased in the town in the late 1960s.
Default Title