Pacific Building (aka Bligh Building)

Pacific Building (aka Bligh Building)

Mike J.
Frank D. Bligh and his mother, Anna Bligh, bought this property when the Hotel Salem (originally built 1864 by Joseph Miller as Cook's Hotel and was the first brick hotel in Salem) still stood on the site, and demolished it in 1926 and built this building. Walter C. & Lottie D. Winslow bought the building in 1945 and it passed to their son Norman, who sold it to Samuel Blair and T. K. Haenny in 1976. This building once housed the Blue Bird Cafe. During the decade of the 2000s, the exterior metal awning was replace and the first floor was extensively remodeled. The first floor now contains 5 restaurants. #historic_building #Salem
Default Title