Building that holds the Davis, Frawley, Anderson, McCauley, Ayer Fisher & Smith LLC. The law office property was the site of the fourth County Courthouse that was constructed in 1882. The Courthouse was made of brick and was surrounded by a wire fence that was supported by granite markers.
Upon construction of the current law office in 1987, the granite markers were uncovered as they were buried in the ground when the courthouse was demolished years ago. These granite markers can now be seen in the existing law office parking lot. This Courthouse remained in use until 1940 when the fifth County Courthouse which is located directly across the street from this property was completed. #anderson #ayer #courthouse #davis #fisher #frawley #law #law_office #lexington #mccauley #sc #smith_llc