Armored Cruiser Georgios Averof, Greece

Armored Cruiser Georgios Averof, Greece

Tigone
The armored cruiser Georgios Averof, former flagship of the Hellenic Navy, was built at Livorno, Italy in 1910-11. She was a close cousin to the Italian Pisa class, with improved protection and different masts. She joined the Greek fleet just before the First Balkan War of 1912-13, in which the Greeks repulsed a bid by the Ottoman Navy to capture and secure territory in the Aegean.
Default Title