The 3,700-sf Granary was built in 1838 to store and mix grains. The
exposed post and beam construction, and grain storage system give
the interior a very distinctive character. The renovation of the building in
the 1990's for adaptive use as a gift shop and exhibition space for the
Mount Lebanon Shaker Village retained much of the original fabric. Its
historic integrity is considered medium to high. The building is in fair
This model is best viewed when setting the Historical Imagery layer to 2005.
National Park Service documentation for this structure is archived at the Library of Congress: http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?ammem/hh:@field%28DOCID+@lit%28NY0537%29%29/ #CRGIS #granary #HALS #North_Family #NPS #shaker