Progressive Market

Progressive Market

Creating Hartford
The main block was constructed c.1922. This building was a market (1st floor) and as a residence (2nd floor). Giachino Romano opened a grocery store around 1918; he purchased the building in 1922. Since the market opened during the depression, it was mostly run on credit and customers paid their bills at a later date. Yet the same year he sold the property to Raffaele and Virginia Guarino and he moved to Italy. In 1946, the property was bought by Ralph Falzarano and Frederick Gobeille, and was kept running as a meat and grocery store until 1994. Since 1994 till 2004 the store was operated by his son Ralph, and he called in Falzarano’s Progressive Market, Italian Deli and Specialties. The building now remains vacant except the residence part in the back. This building is a great representation of the Italian immigration in white river junction and also of south Main Street. For more information please visit creatinghartfordvt.com #junction #market #progressive #river #store #vermont #white
Default Title