Fisher Theater

Fisher Theater

csc
Description
Fisher Theater, named for J. W. Bill Fisher, a 1936 Iowa State University alumnus, is the third building of the Iowa State Center. Mr. Fisher, a philanthropist, was internationally known for his interest in the performing arts and made a major contribution to help set up the theater. The building was completed in 1973 by architects Crites & McConnell and Brooks-Borg & Skiles and serves as a smaller venue than Stephens Auditorium for various performing arts. The 424 permanent seats and 26 portable seats are designed so that no audience member sits more than 13 rows from the speaker. Fisher Theater is primarily used by the Iowa State Theatre Department, and sees many smaller plays throughout the academic year. The model was completed by Benjamin Schwartz. #Iowa_State_Center #Theater
Default Title