NARVA TOWN HALL by Architect Aleksandr Jakovlev - www.alexarchilab.pl

NARVA TOWN HALL by Architect Aleksandr Jakovlev - www.alexarchilab.pl

Aleksandr Jakovlev - AlexArchiLab Architects - www.AlexArchiLab.pl
Being built at the end of 60ies of the 17th century, Narva Town Hall was the most representative public-service building in Narva. Swedish king Charles XI gave an order to the town authorities to build the Town Hall. The project of the master George Teuffel from Lubeck formed the basis of the building, the construction of which started in 1688. After three years, at the latest in 1691, the building was finished when a gold-plated forged weathercock in the form of a crane was put at the top of the tower (it was made by master Grabben). Interior furnishing lasted for another four years. In succeeding years, the clock was installed at the attic, building of the stairs in the Town Hall was finished and portal, brought from Stockholm, was set. Grate of the artistic smithery that connected stairs and handrails (at that time it was gold-plated) and the door-bell (metal ring striking against the door used as a door-bell) were finished last. Indoor wall painting beautified the Town Hall in abundance. During the World War II, the Town Hall was severely damaged: the tower, the roof, the flooring were destroyed, the stairs and the figures at the portal got considerable damages. After the renovation works in the Town Hall (1960-1963), there resided the Palace of Pioneers in the name of Victor Kingisepp. For the recent years, the Town Hall is abandoned. However, in the distant prospect, it is planned to become a representative building of town counc #Aleksandr_Jakovlev #Alex_Archi_Lab #Alex_Jakovlev #Alexarchilab #alexarchilabgmailcom #architects_Alex_Archi_Lab #Estonia #Narva #Narva_raekoda #Narva_Rathaus #Narva_town_hall
Default Title