Kanley Chapel

Kanley Chapel

WMU3D
Kanley Memorial Chapel, an inter-faith facility, is located at the heart of Western Michigan University’s main campus. Built in 1951, the building was made possible through a gift of the William Kanley Estate and is a symbol of the long-standing interest of the University in the complete education of its students. The over-all shape of the building is that of a cross, while next to the Chapel is a rectangular clock tower, which is illuminated at night. Every hour, the clock chimes followed by the Western Michigan University Alma Mater, or the fight song, “Fight on for Western.” Kanley Chapel has two floors and approximately 12,600 sq. feet. Model by G. Martinka. #Kanley_Chapel #Western_Michigan_University #WMU
Default Title