Tweed Courthouse

Tweed Courthouse

Răzvan Mitre
Description
The Old New York County Courthouse is more commonly known as the Tweed Courthouse, built in the American Victorian style with funds obtained by the infamous William M. "Boss" Tweed. The courthouse is located at 52 Chambers Street, constructed from 1861–1872 by the architect John Kellum and Thomas Little. Construction was interrupted when the crimes of Tweed and the "Tammany Hall" dynasty were disclosed to the public. #america #courthouse #Manhattan #new_york #tweed #usa
Default Title