Coover Hall

Coover Hall

csc
The Electrical Engineering Building, as it was originally named, was designed by Brooks-Borg Architects Engineers and was completed in 1953 at Iowa State University. It contains a variety of labs and research facilities serving both electrical and computer engineering. In 1959, an addition designed by Leonard Wolf was added on for the new Cyclotron computer, a 10-by-12-foot computer. The building was renamed Coover Hall in 1969 in honor of Mervin Sylvester Coover, associate dean of Engineering from 1935 to 1954 and acting dean from 1957 to 1959. Another renovation took place in 1999 with the creation of the Active Learning Complex, a 3,000 square-foot area with computer and learning equipment for undergraduates and office space for teaching assistants. Coover Hall is currently undergoing major expansion and renovation, with the first of 2 phases completed in 2008. This first phase is a 23,000 square-foot addition enclosing the courtyard of the building. Phase 2 will add 33,000 square feet of space for advising and senior design, as well as administrative office space for faculty and graduate students. This model was completed by Benjamin Schwartz. #Electrical_Engineering
Default Title