The Franciscan Church is one of the oldest buildings in the capital, its history dates back to the 14th century. 1382-1387 Franciscan church were establishing Grand Dukes Vytautas and Jagiello, foundated Vilnius Dean Merchant Hanulas . In 1421 completed a new church, a similar time - and the monastery. The church is Gothic, but in the 18th century it acquired Baroque forms. In 1812 the church was somewhat destroyed, it was made into a grain store. Later it was made into an archive.Outside the church stood the Gothic bell tower torn down in 1872. Currently it belongs to the Catholic Church and is being restored. A statue of St Virgin Mary (The White Mother of God) was unveiled here recently, which is regarded to have miracle-working powers.