Williamstown Hotel

Williamstown Hotel

geofftown
Description
This establishment was first licensed in 1854, as the Victoria Creek Hotel. It is believed that the hotel and the surrounding land were exchanged with a Mr. Johnstone for a mob of horses, and in 1857 he had the land surveyed as a township. He named the town after his son William, hence “William’s Town". The floor of the Bar is made from blocks of red gum wood set side-by-side into the earth to create a solid floor. There have been no external changes for about 100 years. #Hotel_Pub_Public_bar_Ale_house
Default Title