The Falmouth Parish Church - The Church of King Charles the Martyr
The foundation stone was laid in August 1662 and the church was consecrated in 1665 by Seth Ward, Bishop of Exeter.
A chancel was added in 1684, and galleries between 1686 and 1703. The tower of 1684 was raised in 1800 and a clock was added.
The church was rebuilt and enlarged in 1896 and the galleries were removed. The tower was re-roofed in 1906 and electric lighting introduced in 1907.
The pipe organ was built by Hele & Co of Plymouth in 1881, and was situated in the Warrior Chapel. In 1914 the organ chamber was built and the organ moved to its present position.
A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
Website http://www.btinternet.com/~kcm/kcmfiles/music.html #Cornwall #Falmouth #Falmouth_Parish_Church #King_Charles_I #United_Kingdom