Shipton On Cherwell Cement Works silos , Oxfordshire

Shipton On Cherwell Cement Works silos , Oxfordshire

TRM DA
In the 1920s the Oxford and Shipton Cement Company built a cement works beside the main railway line and began quarrying limestone from the hillside between the Woodstock branch line and Bunker's Hill. The quarry was bought by Alpha Cement in 1934 which became part of Associated Portland Cement in 1938, which in turn became Blue Circle Industries in 1978. Towards the end of the 20th century the quarry ceased production and was sold to the Kilbride Group, which applied unsuccessfully to redevelop it as an eco-town. #Cement #Factory #industrial #industry #Oxfordshire #Shipton_On_Cherwell #Silo #Silos #TRM_DA #Works
Default Title