Music Hall

Music Hall

csc
Designed by Durrant Architects Inc., Music Hall opened its doors in 1980 and is known for its excellent acoustical qualities at the Iowa State University. The building contains rooms for large ensemble rehearsals, small ensemble rehearsals, a percussion practice room, an instrument repair facility, practice rooms containing pianos, and the Martha-Ellen Tye Recital Hall. This recital hall is considered to be one of the premier acoustic environments in the Midwest and was most recently renovated in 2006. The auditorium contains 305 seats and space for approximately 75 musicians onstage. Music Hall also houses and maintains an electronic music studio which features a wide range of analog and digital sound synthesis and recording equipment which may be used by students who enroll in composition studies. Additionally there is a computer lab with MIDI and digital audio workstations. This building replaced the original Music Hall which once stood in this place. A house built in 1870 for Professor George W. Jones. In 1929, this house was remodeled and officially became the Music Hall, until being torn down in 1978 for the new music building that was constructed on the site. This model was completed by Benjamin Schwartz. #Music
Default Title