Orthodox Cathedral in Timisoara (or Mitropolitan Cathedral ) is the largest religious edifice in Timisoara, a cathedral to Banat Metropolitan Church patron "Three Ierarhi. It was built between 1936 and 1940 and is a genuine symbol of the city.
Proper construction began on 16 march 1936 and Dec. 20 to put through a corner stone ceremony of the future Cathedral.  construction works were completed in 1940. Church bells and crosses were sanctified on 23 August 1938. All finishes, interior and exterior paintings were finished in 1956 but only because the Second World War.
The cathedral was inaugurated in 1946 in the presence of King Mihai and Prime Minister Petru Groza. #Catedrala #Cathedral #Church #Lu #Romania #Timisoara