Þingholtsstræti 9, Reykjavík, relocated at The Reykjavík City Museum.

Þingholtsstræti 9, Reykjavík, relocated at The Reykjavík City Museum.

St.Pall
Description
The house at Þingholtsstræti 9 was built in 1846, by carpenter Helgi Jónsson, who lived there with his family. Jónsson was a respected cabinetmaker and town councillor in Reykjavík. The house was built using timber left over from the construction of the Reykjavík High School in 1846. It is a typical Danish-Icelandic house. It was moved to the museum in 1969…..¬-The Reykjavík City Museum-….. collects and conserves objects from Reykjavík cultural history and carries out research on them, and promulgates knowledge of the history and living conditions of the people of Reykjavík from the Settlement Age to the present day. Arbaer (Árbær) was an established farm well into the 20th century, and The Reykjavik City Museum opened there in 1957. Arbaer is now an open air museum with more than 20 buildings which form a town square, a village and a farm. Most of the buildings have been relocated from central Reykjavik. #antiques #Arbaearsafn #Arbaer #building #fornminjar #Iceland #Kukl_on_Earth #Kukl_á_Jörð #minjar #minjasafn_Reykjavíkur #museum #New_Iceland #Nýja_Ísland #Reykjavik #Reykjavík #safn #St_Pall #St_Peter #The_Reykjavik_City_Museum #The_Reykjavík_City_Museum #timber #timber_house #timbur #timburhús #Árbæjarsafn #Árbær #Ísland
Default Title