W. W. Walker Laboratories, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY

W. W. Walker Laboratories, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY

John W.
The Walker Chemical Laboratory was financed by a $200,000 gift from Mrs. R. J. Walker in memory of her son Dr. William Weightman Walker, Class of 1886. The building was completed in 1907 and dedicated along with the Carnegie Building on June 12, 1907. A few years after its construction, the building was expanded through the construction of the eastern half (above the first floor section), changing the building from an L shape. Walker Laboratory has housed the undergraduate chemistry program since it opened. A two-year renovation was completed in 1996, after a devastating fire, to incorporate 21st century innovations in the teaching of chemistry, including state-of-the-art wet labs and the most advanced studio classrooms. #1930s #20th #Albany #Architecture #brick #Century #CMC #college #construction #design #empire #Harvard #Institute #lime #limestone #New #Polytechnic #Rensselaer #RPI #Russell #Sage #school #seminary #state #stone #studio #technology #Troy #Twentieth #university #York
Default Title