Dillard University Straight Hall

Dillard University Straight Hall

Digital Currents
Description
Residence hall, Straight Hall, was built in 1936 and renovated in 1957. Originally housing women, Straight Hall eventually became the main housing space for men. The building is named in honor of Seymour Straight, president of the Board of Trustees of Straight College which opened in 1869 and merged with New Orleans University in 1935 to form Dillard University. This residence hall is not in use due to damage following Hurricane Katrina. Developed through the DigitalCUrrents summer camp - A collaborative outreach to urban youth by the University of Colorado and Computer Magnet program of Denver Public Schools. This building was modeled by Theo Reger and Andrea Deseguin members of the Computer Magnet.
Category
Default Title