Tiroler Landesmuseum

Tiroler Landesmuseum

peterX
The Tyrolean State Museum in Innsbruck is also known as the Ferdinandeum after Archduke Ferdinand and was founded in 1823 by the Tyrolean State Museum Ferdinandeum Society (Verein Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum). Since 2007 it has been a major division of the Tyrolean State Museums Operating Company (Tiroler Landesmuseen-Betriebsgesellschaft), which has taken over the running of the business. Also transferred to the operating company at the same time were the Tyrolean Museum of Popular Art, the Kaiserschützen Museum, the Chapel Royal (Hofkirche) and the Tyrolean Folk Song Archives (Tiroler Volksliedarchiv). The company is run by Wolfgang Meighörner, who is also the curator of the Tyrolean State Museum Ferdinandeum. The Tyrolean State Museum comprises seven collections. In addition, the Museum in the Armoury (historic and technical collection of the cultural history of Tyrol) and the natural history collection also belong to the Ferdinandeum. The main collections of the Tyrolean State Museum cover: History from prehistoric times through the Roman era to the Early Middle Ages, Art and crafts from Romanesque through Gothic to Modern, The Netherlands collection and music room with Jakob Stainer instruments, Works of art including those by Michael Pacher, Lucas Cranach der Ältere, Rembrandt van Rijn, Joseph Anton Koch, Angelika Kauffmann, Franz Defregger and Albin Egger-Lienz. [From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia] Modeled with Building Maker
Default Title