Built in 1914, the five brick cavalry stables could each house 102 horses--enough for a cavalry company. A paddock stood between the stables and the cavalry barracks on the hill to the rear; a blacksmith shop was located in front. After the cavalry left the stables they were adapted to other uses including a K-9 Corps facility and a veterinary hospital; the Pet Cemetery was started near the veterinary hospital. Today, one stable houses U.S. Park Police horses. Modeled with Building Maker.