Woodbury Arts and Sciences and Eaton Humanities are located in the northwest part of the University of Colorado campus. Woodbury was built in 1890 by F.A. Hale as a dorm for the university. It was named after CU Regent Roger Woodbury. It was described as one of the finest dorms west of the Mississippi due to its lavish ammenities, such as electricity and running water. In the 1920's, Woodbury was converted into an academic building. In 1999, Eaton Humanities was built, joining the east side of the newly renovated Woodbury. Architects were Bennet Wagner & Grody and Sasaki Associates. Eaton was named after a couple who donated 5 million dollars to the university. Eaton Humanities follows the Tuscan Vernacular style of most of the CU campus. Model created by Noël Nemcik.
#Bennet_Wagner__Grody #Boulder #Campus #CU #Eaton_Humanities #Leslie_Eaton #Roger_Woodbur #Sasaki_Associates #Tuscan_Vernacular #University_of_Colorado #Woodbury_Arts_and_Sciences #Woody_Eaton