1934 C Type Hangar, South Cerney Airfield, Gloucestershire

1934 C Type Hangar, South Cerney Airfield, Gloucestershire

TRM DA
A 1934 C Type Hangar at South Cerney Airfield otherwise known as RAF South Cerney. The airfield was opened in 1937 and used in World War Two. Construction on a permanent Royal Air Force station began in 1936. The airfield was mainly used for training pilots . In 1971 it was transferred to the Army. South Cerney is now the "Air Mounting Centre", troops go there and are processed before going to Brize Norton or Lyneham to fly overseas. The airfield is used by JATE (Joint Air Transport Establishment), they use it to test new parachutes and delivery systems. #1934 #Airfield #Army #C_Type #Cirencester #Gloucestershire #Hangar #RAF #South_Cerney #TRM_DA
Default Title