St. Nicholas Russo-Greek Orthodox Church (Built: 1908 Restored to: 1925-30)
St. Nicholas church was built in the rural community of Kiew, Alberta, by Ukrainian settlers from Galicia. It was constructed by several men in the community, using logs from the district and then covering them with siding bought from a lumber yard. The church was one of many served by the Russo-Orthodox mission at Wostok, Alberta, and services were only held at the church when a priest was available to come out to Kiew.
http://tapor.ualberta.ca/heritagevillage/rural/37/index.php #Alberta #Edmonton #Historic #UCHV