The Rutherford Humanities and Social Sciences Library is the largest library on campus with a collection of 2,000,000 volumes. Rutherford Library is actually two buildings (North and South) joined by a sky-lighted galleria and is named after the first provincial premier and former university chancellor, Alexander Cameron Rutherford (1857 to 1941).
Rutherford South (1951) contains the Current Periodicals Library plus a significant collection of Canadian and foreign newspapers. It is also home to the Bruce Peel Special Collections Library and the School of Library and Information Studies. #1950s #1951 #Alberta #Edmonton #University_of_Alberta #UofA3d