In 1969 the former Y.W.C.A. building on Wright Street was renamed Coble Hall in honor of Arthur B. Coble, Math Department Head from 1933 to 1947, and math professor from 1918 to 1947. Coble's family later established the Arthur B. Coble Memorial Lectures endowment, which has funded an eminent mathematics researcher to give a talk at the University each year since 1970.
The building had been originally constructed in 1913 with $50,000 from Senator McKinley. #Coble #University_of_Illinois