Cabaret Rouge, Souchez

Cabaret Rouge, Souchez

Martin Feledziak
Description
On 26 September 1915, Souchez was taken from the Germans by French troops, who handed the sector over to Commonwealth forces the following March. The village was completely destroyed. The "Cabaret Rouge" was a house on the main road about 1 kilometre south of the village, at a place called Le Corroy, near the cemetery. On the east side, opposite the cemetery, were dugouts used as battalion headquarters in 1916. #Cabaret #France #great_war #memorial #Rouge #Souchez #world_war #WW1
Category
Default Title