This three-story building was originally owned by then Mayor J.S. Wilson. Built in 1926, the first story held a hardware department and the second displayed furniture. Like many of the establishments of the day, a funeral parlor was a secondary business of Wilson. This was located on the third floor. Today, this building is occupied by the Downtown Improvement Board and serves as a Visitors Information Center.
The Downtown Improvement Board is an economic development organization whose mission is improving the image of downtown Panama City and communicating its exciting potential. This includes bringing people Downtown through the marketing of attractions, hosting downtown events, recruiting of businesses, and promoting historic preservation.
For more information, please follow the link below. #Bay_County #Downtown_Improvement_Board #First_Friday #Good_Urban_Design #Harrison_Avenue #Jason_Combs #Mixed_Use_Architecture #Panama_City