Polnish Church

Polnish Church

padiwatts
Description
Our Lady of the Braes Roman Catholic Church was built in 1872. This simple wee white church stands alone amidst the barren grandeur of the Sound of Arisaig, high above the head of Loch Ailort, with Roshven as its backdrop. It was built to serve the now deserted townships of Ardnish and Polnish, and is now a lonely and poignant monument to the former inhabitants of the empty landscape. #church #Loch_Ailort #Polnish
Default Title