Mackay Hall

Mackay Hall

csc
Architects Proudfoot and Bird first built MacKay Hall, formerly named Domestic Technology Building, in 1910. This consisted of what is now the west wing of the building and was located north of and parallel with Margaret Hall, the dormitory for women. In 1925 an addition incorporated the original building with a new center section and an east wing symmetrical with the west wing to accommodate rapidly increasing enrollments at Iowa State University. The auditorium was named Catherine J. MacKay Auditorium in 1926 for the Dean of Home Economics from 1913 to her death in 1921. The entire Building was named for her in 1957. An addition was built onto the southwest corner in 1956 and was named LeBaron Hall in 1975. Connected to it today are LeBaron Hall, Human Nutritional Sciences Building and Palmer Building. The College of Human Sciences currently occupies MacKay Hall. This model was completed by Benjamin Schwartz. #College_of_Human_Sciences
Default Title