The building currently known as the Cover Store has been through many transformations. The first transformation came with a fire in 1908. Prior to the fire the building was a grist mill run by Byron Tilden and Fred Glover, and they closed after one year. By 1892 the meat packing company Swift moved in, however the building burned in 1908 and Swift had to re-build. For 72 years Swift operated their meat packing plant inside this building, and closed in 1980. The building remained vacant for 6 years before the Catamount Brewery took over and operated until 1998. Now the building is home to the Tri-County Community Action Program and sells used furniture and building supplies, under the name of The Cover Store.
For more information visit www.creatinghartordvt.com #Cover_Store #ReCover_Store #Swift__Company