St. Cecilia's Hall - University of Edinburgh

St. Cecilia's Hall - University of Edinburgh

Mapped_UoE
St Cecilia's Hall is the oldest purpose-built concert hall in Scotland, and the second oldest in use in the British Isles. The Hall was designed by the young architect Robert Mylne and the original building dates from 1763. The hall was bought by the University of Edinburgh in 1959 to accommodate its expanding Music Faculty and to display the Raymond Russell collection of Early Keyboard Instruments. Structural alterations and extensions over two centuries now provide modern workshops, offices, lecture rooms and practice facilities, with two museum galleries and the eighteenth-century concert room. #cecilias #collection #concert #edinburgh #hall #instrument #music #saint #university #venue
Default Title