Building 113-114

Building 113-114

warren C.
Buildings 113 and 114 were built in 1885-1888, and are the earliest remaining structures at the Pier 70 site. Together, these buildings measure 492' long by 175'-6 wide by 62' tall, and contain 89,686 square-feet of floor space. Building 113 comprises 81,964 square feet of this under a high, single gable. Building 114 comprises only 7,722 square feet beneath the southern gable of the double gable portion. Building 113 changed functions and floor plans several times between its construction in mid-1880s and WWII. The western portion originally housed the Machine Shop, while the eastern portion contained the Blacksmith and Boiler Shops. By 1945, the entire Building served as a Machine Shop. Building 114 served as the Foundry Furnace Building. Neither building is currently in use. (source: http://www.sfport.com/index.aspx?page=238)
Default Title