Modeled with Building Maker. Burnley Station is located at junction of the Alamein/Belgrave/Lilydale and Glen Waverley lines. It consists of 4 platforms and it's primary purpose is an interchange station. The station first opened on May 1, 1880 as 'Burnley Street' station before being renamed to 'Burnley' two years later. The station began serving electrified trains in 1922. The station's current 4 platform configuration has been in place since 1966.