This wooden temple is the rarest sample of wooden churches of XVIII century in the south Ukraine.
It has been sanctified in 1726 under its original name "Voskresenskaya church"
in the fortress "Perevolochnaya-on-Dnepr".
It has been moved to the Beryslav town (former name Kizi-kermen) in 1784.
The church has been repaired twice: at the end of XIX century and after WWII.
The structure is made of the chopped oak logs, stone foundation, steel roofing covered with oil-base paint.
Gospel of the 1695th is kept in the church.
http://www.photoukraine.com/photos/032899.jpg #temple #Ukraine #wooden_church