Skolfield Whittier House

Skolfield Whittier House

Brunswick
The Pejepscot Museum and The Skolfield-Whittier House Museum is located at 159 Park Row, along Brunswick's town green. The red brick buildings, of Italianate design, were built by the Skolfield brothers in 1858 and 1862. The Pejepscot Museum had a number of owners before becoming home to the Pejepscot Historical Society. The Skolfield-Whittier House was named after Alfred Skolfield, a successful sea captain, and Dr. Frank Whittier, one of America's first forensic pathologists. It remained the home of three generations of Skolfields and Whittiers and was eventually donated to the Society by Dr. Alice Skolfield-Whittier, Brunswick's first female pediatrician, in 1983. The home's Victorian interior and furnishings remain intact as of the day the family left. #Brunswick #Dr_Alice_SkolfieldWhittier #Forensic_Pathologist #Italianate #Museum #Park_Row #Pediatrician #Pejepscot #Pejepscot_Historical_Society #Sea_Captain #SkolfieldWhittier #Victorian
Default Title