Universidad Mayor Real y Pontificia San Francisco xavier de Chuquisca

Universidad Mayor Real y Pontificia San Francisco xavier de Chuquisca

sucre3D
Chuquisaca Royal and Pontifical University of St Francis Xavier This plot used to form part of the old Jesuit monastery next to the present-day Faculty of Law and the Church of St Michael. A faculty of philosophy and arts was needed in La Plata because of the great distance to Cuzco, the seat of the only university in the south of the continent. Its creation was the result of a papal bull issued by Gregory XV on 27 March 1624, following permission from Philip II of Spain. The teaching was imparted by the Society of Jesus, which made part of its property available for the accommodation of an institute of higher education. The building is situated at the chamfered corner generated by the streets Estudiantes and Junín. It comprises three storeys and is enhanced by a flight of steps at the front. The entrance at the centre of the façade is distinguished by a semicircular arch with a carved wooden door, above which sits a smaller window, also framed by a #Universidad
Default Title