Garðastræti 9, a stable (hesthús), Reykjavík , relocated at The Reykjavík City Museum

Garðastræti 9, a stable (hesthús), Reykjavík , relocated at The Reykjavík City Museum

St.Pall
This building formerly stood on the lot at Garðastræti 9, Reykjavík. Its age is uncertain, but it seems to have belonged to Guðmundur Olsen, a merchant with a store in Aðalstræti, who also served as head of the local fire department. He is best remembered for conducting the singing at the national festival of 1874. There were a great number of outbuildings of various kinds in Reykjavík in the 19th century, including storage sheds and pens for animals. The building was moved to The Reykjavík City Museum in 1982. ......¬-The Reykjavík City Museum-….. collects and conserves objects from Reykjavík cultural history and carries out research on them, and promulgates knowledge of the history and living conditions of the people of Reykjavík from the Settlement Age to the present day. Arbaer (Árbær) was an established farm well into the 20th century, and The Reykjavík City Museum opened there in 1957. Arbaer is now an open air museum with more than 20 buildings which form a town square, a village and a farm. Most of the buildings have been relocated from central Reykjavík. #antiques #Arbaearsafn #Arbaer #building #fornminjar #Iceland #Kukl_on_Earth #Kukl_á_Jörð #minjar #minjasafn_Reykjavíkur #museum #New_Iceland #Nýja_Ísland #Reykjavik #Reykjavík #safn #St_Pall #St_Peter #The_Reykjavik_City_Museum #The_Reykjavík_City_Museum #timber #timber_house #timbur #timburhús #Árbæjarsafn #Árbær #Ísland
Default Title