On this site off the Fox Hollies Road in Hall Green stood a grand manor house called The Hollies.
A farm was recorded in 1275 as being called Atte Hollies on this site. It was recorded as being in Acocks Green, but it later became Hall Green.
By 1626 the Fox family bought the farm and it became known as Foxholleys. The farm eventually belonged to Zaccheus Walker, who rebuilt the house in grand style, calling it The Hollies. It was demolished in 1937.
The three blocks of flats, built in the 1963 were named after the three fields on the Foxholleys estate: Coppice, Hollypiece and Homemeadow. Hence you get Coppice House (on the left), Hollypiece House (in the middle) and Homemeadow House (on the right).
The flats occupy the site of Zaccheus Walker's mansion which was approached through an avenue of trees which still stand on Greenwood Avenue Only a gate pillar, and a base of another, remain of the entrance to the long-demolished hall.
The towers are 12 stories and 36 metres tall.