Gross-Rosen main gate

Gross-Rosen main gate

Sebastian Sosnowski
KL Gross-Rosen (Groß-Rosen) was a German concentration camp, located in Gross-Rosen, Lower Silesia (now Rogoźnica, Poland). It was located directly on the rail line between Jauer (now Jawor) and Striegau (now Strzegom). It was set up in the summer of 1940 as a satellite camp to Sachsenhausen, and became an independent camp on May 1, 1941. Initially, work was carried out in the camp's huge stone quarry, owned by the SS-Deutsche Erd- und Steinwerke GmbH. As the complex grew, many inmates were put to work in the construction of the subcamps' facilities. [source - Wikipedia] #Dolny_Śląsk #Germany #Gross_Rosen #GrossRosen #Nazi_concentration_camp #Polska #Rogoźnica
Default Title