Mr. Samuel Hattam in 1859 owned a blacksmith shop on this site. This continued as a Hattam’s house and blacksmith until at least 1878.
By 1899 the building was owned and rebuilt by J. Wilson as indicated by foundation stone. Josiah Holmes had fruit and vegetable shop. Mrs. Eva Mitchell sold the first ice-cream in Williamstown from here, then her son-in-law Edward Cundy ran the shop as a fruit and vegetable, deli and newsagency for some years. Subsequent owners have continued as Deli and Newsagency.